JK Fabrications Ltd are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will report directly to the Mechanical Design Manager and will be responsible for directing, co-ordinating, planning, executing, monitoring and control of all mechanical aspects of clean water design projects.
- Mechanical design of infrastructure infrastructure-related primarily to clean water treatment plants ensuring it is compliant with clients specifications and standards.
- Producing design deliverables including, P&IDs, hydraulic clients’, calculations, pipework layouts, pipework schedules, P&E schedules, Pipe supports/thrust design, Mechanical GAs and layouts.
- Arranging and executing site surveys where required
- Managing external design resources where required
- Compilation of mechanical specifications and datasheets for procurement of mechanical equipment (pumps, valves, pipework, screens etc)
- Assisting with the management of mechanical procurement packages
- Reviewing technical submissions
- Keeping up to date with environmental matters, and being aware of policy and developments in this area
- Presenting technical data or project results to both technical and non-technical Clients and Colleagues
- Maintaining design input throughout the project lifecycle- from the feasibility stage, to outline and detail design, through to construction and handover
- Assist with controlling and managing budgets at project level
- Ensuring compliance with design/specifications and standards
- Attending site meetings
- Preparing reports
To be considered for the role you will have to have:
- 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably clean water based
- BTEC HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering as a minimum
- Willingness to travel to sites in the UK.
- Competent in using Microsoft Word & Excel
- In return you will be offered;
- A competitive Salary.
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Travel Expenses.
- Further Training Opportunities.
- Experience in a fast-moving-paced Engineering & Construction environment.
If you feel this ‘Mechanical Design Engineer’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. We wish you every success in your application to join JK Fabrications Ltd.