As you will be working with a well-established Mechanical and Construction Engineering Company. We are embarking on a range of new Construction engineering projects throughout the UK and require a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
*Please note this is a contract position but may be extended or made permanent for the successful applicant*
As Graduate Quantity Surveyor your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Preparing, negotiating, and analysing costs for budgets.
- Ensure subcontractors are pre-qualified in accordance with company management systems.
- Assessing and certification of sub-contractor interim payments and ensuring required Payer / Pay-less notices as issued.
- Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues and identification and management of commercial risks.
- Production and presentation of monthly Project Cost Analysis on projects.
- Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by teams, individuals, and self.
- Assist in the commercial team and occasionally engage with ongoing site works.
To be considered for the role you will have to have:
- Previous experience in a similar Quantity Surveyor role within the construction/civil industry, placement year, or post qualified.
- Degree level qualification in a related discipline.
- Willingness to travel to sites in the UK.
In return you will be offered;
- A competitive Salary.
- Travel Expenses.
- Further Training Opportunities.
- Experience in a fast-moving paced environment.
If you feel this ‘Graduate Quantity Surveyor’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.